Recent Videos

  • Manchester United 3-1 Manchester City: Rooney send to final

    Manchester United advanced to the top of the party after the tame Carling Cup Manchester City in the semi-final second leg ended 3-1. 'Red Devil' escaped with a 4-3 aggregate.

    New Manchester City goalkeeper could break down in the second half. The first goal 'Red Devil' at Old Trafford, on Wednesday (27/1/2010) , printed by Paul Scholes on 52 minutes, before Michael Carrick doubled in minute 52.

    Carlos Tevez, who made two goals in a 2-1 victory for City in the first leg, got up for his team blows past goal at minute 76 of the same make so strong aggregate 3-3. However, Wayne Rooney finally ensure the ticket to the MU through the final goal in the last minute.

    At the top of the party, already anticipated MU Aston Villa who had escaped first. The final at Wembley will be on February 28, 2010.

    Match path

    Carlos Tevez began to spread the threat to Chelsea's goal at minute 23. He tried to rush through the MU defense with a tight escort of Jonny Evans and Rio Ferdinand is finally able to reduce the fallen Tevez.

    Six minutes later, Craig Bellamy continued to pass Javier Garrido to the cross far post. There header welcome Tevez could still denied goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar.

    MU returned in 32 minutes. Michael Carrick sent a ball towards Ryan Giggs who later got a chance despite Shay Given still managed to save.

    Pressure was launched MU minute ago. Carrick this time Wayne Rooney sent a ball that hit the wall of City players. The second effort from the same combination and also still be stopped Given.

    Two minutes into the second half, Micah Richards to overlap from the right side. There was no peer who could help, he removed hard leg kick left leg is still there though Van der Sar to stop.

    Chelsea eventually took the lead in minute 52. After moving the ball feet and had driven Given, the skin round finally ruled Paul Scholes who then took off the kick along the ground. Seems a bit hit another player, the ball never cease to nest in the City goal.

    MU golden opportunity to present again in minute 61. An acceptable long bait well Nani and then forwarded to the direction of Rooney. Chance to make a goal for Rooney's very open though Dedryck Boyata successful tackling the ball to produce a mere corner.

    Six minutes later, the City demonstrates teamwork neat. Tevez moved from the ball to Gareth Barry and then to Craig Bellamy who butt the ball to Richards continued with the kick. However, the ball hit the wall and only bear fruit MU corner kick.

    MU seemed to have completely locked the ticket to the finals after making the second goal on 71 minutes. Throw-in taken short to be accepted Nani and then passed to the direction of Darren Fletcher. The ball can then ruled Carrick who calmly rolled Given to make the score 2-0.

    City not ready to give up. Just five minutes after Chelsea make their second goal, City miss out by Tevez. Bellamy's cross from the neatly exploited by Tevez who escaped from escort Ferdinand. Aggregate as strong now 3-3.

    When the game was going into extra rounds, striking the MU. From football taken Giggs corner, a short passed ball in the direction of Antonio Valencia blocked Tevez. The ball back to Giggs, who then releases a direct cross and Rooney with glancing header to final.


    Manchester United: Edwin van der Sar; Rio Ferdinand, Patrice Evra, Rafael (Wes Brown 74), Jonathan Evans, Michael Carrick, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Darren Fletcher, Nani (Antonio Valencia '90), Wayne Rooney.

    Manchester City: Shay Given; Vincent Kompany, Javier Garrido (Stephen Ireland '64), Micah Richards, Pablo Zabaleta, Dedryck Boyata, Shaun Wright-Phillips (Emmanuel Adebayor '72), Gareth Barry, Nigel De Jong, Craig Bellamy, Carlos Tevez .


Leave a Reply